The freakout is mainly because all of my 4 years (basically) of portfolio work have to be perfect in a month exactly. scary. I'm in alright shape for it, it's just overwhelming to think about it.
So I try not to.
This stuff will be hanging in a gallery with other immaculate, perfect works. It's a little odd. but i think i will be just fine,(as my mom tells me, along with 'pray about it'). good thing for that.
As crazy as it all sounds, i have been thinking about how much time has gone by, and pretty soon, i will have NO idea what to do next. I plan on working at LearnKey for a while after i graduate, but from there... who knows. I keep thinking about this 'rush time', and how i should enjoy it while I still can. I know that as soon as i'm done, and life is cruising, i'll be bored, and i'll miss ALL of the good times. Don't you hate that?
I do.
Life outside of school is great. Work is fun as always, and Cody and I make up for lost time whenever we can. I have my little projects that keep me going, and we now teach the Gospel Doctrine class in church. It's a funny little calling because we (each) teach about once a month basic, basic gospel principles. Sometimes it's hard to stretch a topic that everyone knows about into an hour... but it works out enough. It's been fun and very strengthening to get back to the basics and evaluate what i am doing and not doing.
I feel good.
This weekend we are going to Vegas to attend a wedding. it'll be a fun getaway. Odd timing for a wedding, (especially in all of my portfolio madness). but i like a good break every now and then (more like every weekend) :S You know, being a soccer mom is sounding sweeter and sweeter everyday. Playtime, all the time. (or so I think).
I'm hopeless. haha
Anyway, I think I've spilled enough beans for now.
Long live Man Vs Wild!
-hagoone sikiis
6 comments:
"Pray about it." It's funny the things you remember randomly. Okay, so I guess that wasn't so random but... Good advice, regardless.
Fun calling. I hate teaching. Even if it's only Primary. I feel so self-conscious.
Soccer moms get to sit on the couch and eat bon-bons while the kids are in school, but after that, it gets crazy with all the driving to and from soccer practice and all. My kids? Are all gonna be lazy and just come home and play video games. No transportation needed and I can still watch Oprah on the 2nd TV. Okay, that's not true. I don't like watching Oprah.
Hey Clare- I like blogging a lot more than Facebook. :) I have a blog too. I wish "Soccer Moms" sat around all day eating bon-bons. Life is crazy all day long period when you have kids. It sure is a good kind of crazy though! Good to see Man VS Wild (and Cody) are treating you well :) Talk to you later...
Ok- So just barely- that was me- Jenna, leaving a comment- I didn't realize I was signed into Jeff's account... :) Sorry...
Do I hear baby cries? Haha.. You will find what you need to do. The Lord will guide you and so will Cody. :) He is your hubby afterall. :) I miss you by the way.. you need to stop and see me soon. So much to talk about. Seriously.
Graduating is definitely insane. For the first month after I graduated I was so bored - sitting around doing nothing but looking for a job (you should talk to John Heywood heh heh). But now, my life is insane. You'll find plenty of stuff to do, and your work is wonderful - don't stress about it. You're good at what you do.
I know I hang around SUU like I am still a student (Brian refers to me as the "resident alumni") because I really miss it all. It is sad. I miss you guys all so much! :( But trust me, things only get better from here; and you know, it's good to know you'll always have SUU if only in memory (and Dave's contact info written all over that pizza place heh heh - oh man, I miss you :( !)
Um.. the point is.. You're awesome!
Oh Sorry.. This is Steph, and I'm the person who left the comment above.. heh heh
Yes.. I am "mr" :D
Post a Comment