So, we just came back from a very awesome, very relaxing vacation. I know the title says 'Yellerstone', but we did SO much more than that. Allow me to elaborate:
ok, on Friday after what seemed like forever we left for Manti to check out the pageant up there. I had never been, so it seemed like a good idea. It was really... interesting. haha. it was good, and entertaining. I'll leave it at that. After the pageant, we wandered up to Salt Lake to spend the night w. my favorite people, the Campbells/Todds, whatever. The next morning we took off for wider and greener pastures (literally). it was such a crazy day, it seemed like all that could slow us down did, with one car crash after another, make traffic really slow. But, we got there eventually in one piece. We stayed in a cabin outside of the park, which was pretty cool.
It all would have been flawless, if i hadn't been such a freak about bugs. The Mosquitoes were everywhere, like it was a wall or something. Needless to say, i didn't go outside unless i had to...or it was the middle of the day haha. I only got away with 2 bites, which is a record low for me.
After a quiet Sunday, we ventured into the park and saw some really awesome things. Cody and I had never been there before, and everyone else had, so they knew right where to go. We saw so much that day from all kinds of wildlife to bubbling geysers, to endless beauty of waterfalls, cliffs, rolling hills and monstrous lakes. it was cool.
We went to Old Faithful, and faithful she was. we spent some time there and just toured different parts of the park. After a long day of beauty our day, ended of course with backed up traffic from another accident in the park. it was kind of fun to just hang out and explore. We slept good that night.
The next day we started slowly back home. we stopped and checked out some of the Idaho temples and ran into one of Cody's old mission companions. We finally made it back to SLC and god a hold of one of my best roomies who just came home from a mission like 2 days before. We decided to stay in SLC and hang with her the next.
It was so good to see her and to catch up. We got home yesterday and had an awesome vacation. We did SO much. Now it's back to the old grind--sorta. July is going to be a busy month. I'll keep you 'posted' haha. i kill myself. . . :S
4 comments:
Becky's home? Yay! I hope her mission went well.
And your vacation sounds like it was tons of fun.
Hey Guys! Great Pictures! We're so glad that you were able to come to "Yellerstone" and that we got to hang out with you for a while. It made our trip better. :o)We'll have to do it again sometime...maybe some place with less bugs. :o}
Hey Clare! It was good to see you the other day - sorry I couldn't really stop and talk, but I hope you're doing great! I'm going to link your blog to mine :)
becky is home! haha sweet. Looks like you are having a great time my dear. :P I miss you so much. You need to come visit me here before i leave! haa.
Post a Comment