First things first.
We spent a weekend in Salt Lake with Cody's family. It's always so fun to visit and laugh (we do that a lot) We brought one of Cody's co-workers with us. His name is Zhou, and he's from China. He came to work with Cody for a year and we've been trying to help him see what Utah has to offer. So, that weekend we took him to Lagoon with us. It was so so fun.
We also took a picture in one of those machines where they 'sketch' you. . . (ha ha ha) and we found a picture someone left, whether for good or for bad, who knows.
Oh yeah, it says 'WANTED' at the top too. Priceless.
From there, I spent a lot of time debating and thinking. I received a job offer from a scrapbook company here in Cedar. They really liked me and my portfolio, but after A LOT of thinking and pros and cons, I ultimately decided to stay at LearnKey. It was a risky move, but I felt a lot better about turning it down. Basically, (a peek into my mind), it was a career vs. family decision. There are a lot of things I want/need to accomplish, and I felt I could best do that whist at LK. Had I chosen the other job, It would postpone my plans, and just---push them back farther. I can't wait any longer. Those 'things' I wanted to accomplish are:
-Getting more and more out of debt
-Being able to support Cody while he's in school
-Doing something for me I should have done a long time ago
-Just have a sense of normalcy in this crazy world.
-Potentially start a family (yeah, you read it).
Shortly after this big decision, my world took another blow. Really, is has been a long time coming, but it's finally happened. My parents split.
We all knew earlier in the year, and felt ok about it. It was for the best, and they really... just needed to grow apart. Anyway, My Dad left about a couple of weeks ago and is now back home on the reservation. He is working now and trying to figure out life. He left abruptly and also left my Mom a large mess to clean. You see, days prior to this her car was hit and totaled. She has been wrestling w. the insurance company for a couple of weeks now, trying to get a good result. She has this burden now with the cares and woes of being a single parent. (the bills, the kids, life in general). She is extremely resilient though. She had endured worse, and she will be ok in the end. If only I had her strength. . . The whole situation sounds sketchy and lame, but it's ok. We are all ok and actually more are peace. It's a mutual, friendly divorce, if there is ever such a thing.
So, there was that to add to my stress list. I taught a relief society lesson and even helped a friend out by making invitations for her. I was asked to make a sign-in book for one of my good friends from high school. It turned out really great and am excited to present it to her and her Mom. Here's a peek:
Hmmmm so far so good.
Oh, and we moved as well. We are still in Cedar, but in an apartment now. It's been fun to reorganize and make it HOME. I started biking to work too (about 2 miles round trip). It hasn't been too hard like I expected, but actually really refreshing. I think I will try to continue until the weather gets bad.
Speaking of bad weather... The Mill Flat fire continues to rage. Thankfully, it has moved away from New Harmony and reared its ugly head back to the mountain. It has created a lot of haze and smog here in Cedar. So, bike riding has been a little more difficult (allergies and all), but I am enduring with joy.
Cody has started school and we are still waiting to hear if this will be his last year. (for stupid reasons) If they say yes, We're done in May. If they say no, Cody will have a really spaced-out two years to go (including this one) 10. classes. left. DUMB.
He is taking it all well though. He's a good one. :)
We celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary too. It was nice. We went to the temple and got our first ever professional massages. It was a good time. We are so happy and it just seems to get better. Cody also tuned 26 (the next day). He's very low-key, so we didn't go all out, but still had fun.
And lastly (so I think), I embarked on something today that will prove to be an interesting journey. I started Accutane. It's something I am doing for myself I should have done a long time ago. It's kind of a risky, expensive, emotionally taxing process, but I am ready. I want to for once not feel lame or self-conscious. I want to be able to have to option to not wear make-up and feel ok. I just want to do it--for me. It's about a 5-month program, and hopefully it will work out for me. This DOES mean though that the whole family thing will be on hold, but in time it will come together.
This all sounds so random. A brain-vomit if you ask me, but I've been meaning to get this out, one way or another. It's more for me to organize and think straight. Some of it might be TMI.... I'm ok with that. Now we all know. haha
Despite all of the bumps recently, we are ok. We are all ok. Cody and I have been so blessed and are happy. Without things like this life would be boring. haha
Til next time....
2 comments:
You know what makes me happy? None of this was news to me. Which means we've been talking more/better. Go us. Well, the van being totalled was more of a Michael on Facebook thing, but...
Anyway, LYLAS.
I'm so sorry to hear about the split. I remember when my parents got divorced. There was no warning. They were so happy- never fought and were always laughing and loving. Then, out of the blue, my dad made known some lies he had been keeping and all of a sudden it was over. It was so hard. I think with warning or without... either way it's tough. I'm really sorry.
By the way. The book you made for Morgan (I'm guessing since those are their initials and their colors :) looks great... :)
Post a Comment