September, I think, was pretty cool. haha. I continued my biking goal and at the end of the month got my car back. In addition to that, we acquired my Dad's Jeep Wrangler and we spent the rest of the month and part of October 'Jeeping', or driving to cool places my Corolla can't go. We discovered old mines and soaked in all of the fall colors. We climbed mountains and drove crazy roads. We conquered Three Peaks and drove literally to the very top! It's colder now and the leaves have turned, so it was good while it lasted.
(There were some other ones.. but they are nowhere to be found... :( )
What else what else... we found out that it IS going to be three more semesters until Cody graduates. Not what we wanted to hear, but it's something I guess. Unless some miracle happens and that ONE LAST CLASS that is only offered in Spring 2011 is waived and/or substituted, that's the plan. After this current semester, he has 6 classes to go. Any normal person could knock that out in one, maybe 2 semesters. Because of his program however, it's going to be more like 3 classes, then 2, then 1. Strange. The more and more I think and ponder on this, I wonder what the bigger plan is. Twice in the last year we have tried to leave Cedar City, and twice it hasn't worked out. There is something keeping us here, I just wonder what exactly. I am optimistic and we soldier on.
The Accutane is going well--better than I expected. I'm now in month 3 of 5, and things are looking great. My face has never been this dry, and I like it. There is definitely a visible difference. As for the wacky side effects, none yet. The dryness of course and Carmex is a must, but I'm no American Psycho (yay!) Let's hope it keeps that way. :]
Last weekend we spent some time in SLC to visit Cody's sisters and my old roomies. We laughed and laughed and played with our little niece. We went to find some Witches at Gardner Village then ventured downtown for some prime Italian food. After that, some of us went to Nightmare on 13th, a haunted house. It was a blast. It never disappoints. It was so good to see everyone again and reconnect.
Work for me has been great. We have plenty of projects to work on and recently started a rather large one for a large client. We also had our annual LK Halloween party. As usual, it was fun and thrilling to see who everyone was. This year for Halloween Cody and I dressed up as Indiana Jones and Willie (loud, annoying blonde love interest) from the Temple of Doom. Our friend Zhou agreed to be Short Round. It was fun and so crazy.
My Mom's birthday was this month too. Now, us Barkers have one common love, (among others) and that is the San Diego Chargers (NFL team) Since SD was once home, we still have an undying devotion to our bolts, and will never fold or deny. SO, for her birthday, we took her to Iggy's, a sports grill in St. George to watch a Monday Night Football game against the Denver Broncos, (May they have ETERNAL DIARRHEA) on their giant, 4 panel screen. It was a BLAST. We were probably the loudest, rowdiest table. Shortly after the whole restaurant sang happy birthday to her, one of the receivers broke away from the pack and ran most of the field to score a touchdown! It was a pretty sweet present from the Bolts to my Mom. We lost in the end, but it was still a very memorable good time.

Things are great for us. Winter is starting to bear its fangs, but life is good. We are so blessed. We have great jobs and Cody is doing stellar in school. We have such a fantastic ward and good friends. Really, what more could you ask for?
2 comments:
Oh my gosh! You guys look SO great in your costumes!!! Way fun! Also, I'm glad to hear that the acutane is working well for you. I think I might want to give that a try some day, so it's been good to hear if you like it or not.
You two are so cute I love the costumes!! I'm so glad you found me on the blog a better way to keep tabs ;)
Post a Comment