Cody and I ventured Southwest for Thanksgiving to see my Dad and family. It was pretty cool because it was Cody first time down on 'the rez' and he met a lot more of my family. The travel conditions were great and we had a wonderful time.
Cody and Dave zonked out after the big meal.
My cute little cousin Shauna. She impressed Cody with her string skills!
Dad cooking up the frybread.
And of course, the Coke family sign. lol....
We also spent a day at Chaco Canyon. It was absolutely mind-blowing! I recommend going sometime in life. It was neat because my Dad told us a lot of (true) stories about the people and the life. It was really cool.
May Dad far away...on like a fourth of this massive compound.
Just getting to the largest of them all.
The three Barkerteers. ha...
Examining the masonry
haha... Emily passing out on the trip. Classic.
Oh yes, and we played countless games of Apples to Apples. Here is us at a random McDonalds in Gallup:
This totally just a taste, but it was a really fun trip. Just after we got home We learned that Emily got engaged! His name is Dave, and he's pretty cool. They are a good match. There is no set date yet, but sometime this year... haha
December the Needy.
Christmas this year was spent in a magical little town called Blanding, UT. It's where Cody's parents live. I love visiting. It's just a fun little place. All of the family was able to gather. Unfortunately Cody's sister Lindsay and I got sick while there, which probably didn't make things very fun, but it was relaxing nonetheless.
Sadly, this is the only picture I have. I must have been near dead.
We spent New Years just together and planned a real date! haha
This was our Christmas card for '09:

More or less, that's what we've been up to. After all of the traveling, Cody got sick the week before school started. Luckily, he was better in time and now his scholastic endeavors are in full swing. He talking a couple of available classes and has also begun his Capstone project for his major. It's basically a final project every EET major has to make to demonstrate what they've learned. It's exciting. It means we will be done soon!
I am well too, we have so much to do at work and it's been so good. I'm in possibly may last month of Acutane which is crazy. It's been really good, but I guess it's time to move on in life. There are some things I definitely won't miss, but the pros I think outweigh the cons. I won't miss:
The extreme feeling of lack of sleep (I'll sleep 8 hours and feel like I slept 2)
Constantly, peeling, ugly chapped lips. (Thank goodness for Carmex!)
Achy joints (Not as constant, but it makes working out no fun)
Lack of night vision (lol... )
It takes a blow to your immune system (It made getting sick and then getting over it an adventure)
Not taking any vitamins or avoiding vitamin A like the plague. (I couldn't take anything other than my pill and the pill)
Um... and other inconveniences I won't mention.
That reads like a lot, but really, the benefits outweigh it all. I feel better, and I really hope knocked this annoyance out for good.
I also donated my hair.
11 inches was sent off not long ago to Locks of Love. It was a cool experience. I've done it 4 times now, and it's just cool. I figure while I can, I may as well. My hair needed it anyway. I feel great.
For now, I'll just post this one :)
I finally got back into making books. Sorta. I made a ribbon book for a friend who had a baby.
I believe I'll call it Carly, after the precious babe.
That's about all's that has been happening around here. Things are good and the Chargers are playing on Sunday. How much better can it get?
No comments:
Post a Comment