Sunday, March 28, 2010

Boring Sickies

Hey,
So I spent the last week coughing, sneezing, being a mouth-breather, and sleeping. Hooray for allergies...................... Every year at some point the pollen and dust get to me and make me crazy. I think my body either gets surprise- attacked and just gets deathly ill, or it's trying to defend itself so much I actually get deathly ill. Either way, it's no fun. Luckily, this only happens about once a year. After that, the allergy symptoms tend to pan out into something a little more manageable. The luck of March has runout at the Campbell home for sure because today Cody woke up (barely) not well either. I wonder what's got him....



Other than being lazy bums sharing a box of Kleenex, there isn't much happening (at our house). We are still working and Cody is getting close to closing another year at SUU. One more to go after that! It better pass quickly. I will be at LearnKey (Oh wait, LearnForce now. We merged with another company) for 3 years next month. I can't believe it. I keep telling myself that there's got to be something more enriching, but to no avail. This is where I am supposed to be, for possibly another year. Oh well, it'll at least look good on a resume, right??

The month went well other than our sneezy, snotty end. The week of St. Patrick's day was spent well with many parties. LF threw me a good one the day of (17th) and then went on a hot date after work. We went to dinner then saw Shutter Island (at last!) It was very good. It kept my mind going and just when I had it all figured out, BAM! something else! The next night m family came up and we went to Ninja, here in town. It was fun to watch them during the hibachi. After that, we spent the weekend in SLC with Cody's family. It's always good to see them and we had a blast.







This week we hung out with Ryan and played games. *If a James Gubler gets this far, kindly skip to the next paragraph* They consisted of one called Axis and Allies and The Game of Life. I *did* play A&A, despite all of my boisterous statements about how only nerds play that game and always recount that Seinfeld when Kramer and Neuman played Risk but had to leave the game board at Jerry's because they thought it neutral territory and no one could cheat. Good times, good times. Our game wasn't that long, according to the boys we were playing with. I only understood like 60% of it, but it was still cool nonetheless.
It was sort of a shocking revelation that... GASP, I just may be a nerd. haha I won't turn down a LOTR marathon, (did that one weekend this month) I like talking Batman, I watch Seinfeld, I relate to the boys at my job more than the girls, and I crack jokes I only think is funny and logical. I'm probably more well-balanced than I think. :]




Anywayyyy, I finished a wedding sign-in book for some friends and will post pictures about it later. I was also asked to put on a book arts workshop in April. I am pretty excited, I won't hide it. I think we will be making ribbon-bound books. They are easier to handle and more 'cutesy' for the crowd I'll be teaching. haha SOMETIME, I plan on opening an Etsy, I just need that one push. I won't lie, it's a scary thing. Especially since my neighborhood Roberts decided to up and leave town. That was my
place and now... its off to stG for all things books. :(

I was asked a couple of months ago to captain a Relay for Life team for LF. I didn't know a lot about it, but I do now. Things for it are going really well and the event is also in April. If you would like to help our cause, check out this link:

Yay for medicated ramblings! That was March for you, and hopefully more to follow.

3 comments:

Erin Marie said...

Jeff has been trying to convince me that I'm a geek... after 3 years, I think I am finally starting to believe him. (Don't tell him!) Just embrace it. :-D

tifsong said...

aw you're glorious. REALLY.

also. shutter island? i hate scary movies. but i really want to see it. would you rate it, scary? or just thrilling? do tell.

:)

Carly said...

You are too funny!

Always fun to find another fellow blogger :)