Sunday, January 09, 2011

Baby Details

Yeah, so I have been weird about telling the Internet my good news. I don't know why either. I haven't mentioned it on Facebook directly because I think it's weird to post such personal information on a very public site. I can't really describe it since that's kind of the point, but I guess I'm catching people up slowly but surely. Bear with me.
Anyway, here are the goods:

I am 22.5 weeks along today.

Things are going along near perfectly.

I am due May 11th of this year, just days after Cody's SUU graduation.

I haven't been terribly sick, or enough to really speak of. There are friends around me who have had it way worse than I, so I won't can't really talk or complain.

At 15 weeks (Thanksgiving day actually), I started feeling small flutters of movement.

At 19 weeks, they were full-on kicks.

At 20, Cody could feel them.

At 22, the hiccups have started. I love it. I giggle every time.

We had an ultrasound just before Christmas. Things are growing just as they need to and she is perfect.

We are thrilled.

This is happening at a great time. I know a little bit ago I went on some rant about how I like to work and kids can wait, but it seems like there are greater things in store for Cody and I. I am ready and welcome the challenge. I had my time to work for a bit and by profession can allow me to continue -- when I am ready for that again. I have peace about the whole thing. This is something I need.




Other than that, life is going well. The holidays were good and relaxing. We spent Thanksgiving in Salt Lake with Cody's family. We spent Christmas with my family in StG and enjoyed the good weather. We then trekked back to SLC for New Year's. One of my best roomies got married. After all of the traveling, it's good to be home and back in order. We've got a lot to do in the next little bit, and I am excited to get to work.




2 comments:

Fielding Family said...

Yay! Congratulations! Girls are fun ;)

Michael & Lindsey said...

I'm so happy for you guys! You are such a cute little pregnant person. I'm glad your feeling ok. I know how you feel about work and embracing the family thing. It was a little weird for me at first too, but things have worked out great, and I wouldn't change them for anything! The great thing about graphic design is that there are so many avenues for you to apply your skill in, it doesn't just have to be in an office. Hope everything works out well for you!