Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Enjoy Now.

To all of the people who said that you need to take in every day with your baby because 'they grow up so fast', you were right. I had no idea it would be like this. 4.5 months doesn't seem like much but I already feel like so much has happened. About Miss O now:

-Weighs 15 lbs, 24 in long.

-Has the best little laugh.

-Has mastered the grab. She has a great grip on must about everything (Even my hair!)

-Can roll, but doesn't like to. ha

-Instead, she likes to stand and take assisted steps. There is nothing more fun for her than that. We like to call it QWOP. This is why.

-Olive can stand and hold herself up for a few seconds on something close to her arm level.

-She is dying to sit up. She is working feverishly on it too. This girl cannot wait to do bigger and better things. She gets so frustrated when she can't.

-We started her on rice cereal. She likes it ok, it will be a fun process for all of us to get used to.

-She still talks and babbles all the time. She loves to talk to Cody.

-Has found her feet and loves to play with them.

I'm sure there are more things, but that's the gist.

Last month we spent a few days in San Diego. It was such a fun trip! We went for Cody and I's 5 year wedding anniversary, Cody's birthday, and to show Olive around :)










Olive was SO good too! I was kind of nervous about it but she traveled really well and slept when she needed to instead of fighting it. She was a good sport about being packed all over town and to the beach at the end of the trip. She fell asleep, but I promise she was there! haha As always, it was sad to leave, but also was nice to get home and chill out.

We spent Labor day weekend with my family laughing and eating and checking out the Iron county fair. In addition to that, my dear brave brother Ryan shipped off to basic training a week ago. He's in the Navy now and we are so excited for him. We know he will do well and be honorable like our father and grandfather.



Besides that, life has been the same. Olive and I have fun everyday and it's exciting to see her reach all of these milestones. Our 'hobby' right now is LOST. haha, sounds lame but we are hooked! Cody's job is going well and it keeps him pretty busy. I'm sure the next time will showcase so much more.



Moral of the story: Enjoy right now, no matter what's going on, for it will never be back again. I know I'm going to try more than ever.









4 comments:

Erin Marie said...

I can't believe she is so big already. Since I'm not coming down there anytime soon, you need to come see us! (Unless, Jeff and I decide $200 in gas is worth it for the haircuts we all need.)

Also, I'm trying to convince my kids to stop growing for my birthday this year... Lynne's not having it.

Courtney B said...

Ooooh Olive is so pretty and perfect! You are such a lucky momma!

Unknown said...

This all makes me so extremely happy. Remember the day that we found out The Decemberists were coming in concert to Salt Lake? That is my face right now. Just so you know.

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

such fun pictures! Thanks for sharing, it is hard to remember sometimes to slow down and enjoy the now :) thanks for the reminder!