school, school, school.
I am trying to keep senioritis away from me. Because if it takes over, I am done for. Here's my take on what madness lies ahead:
Drawing II. eh, i think it'll be a good class. Drawing has slipped down a few notches on my list of talents, so it'll be a good challenge. A lot of it is very basic though. Line, color, shape, vanishing points, values, the list goes on.
Senior Portfolio. Confusing. we meet once a week, talk about the perfect portfolio, and then leave. They pick apart our work, and then set us free (in ALL the time we have) and make it better. I hope more structure will come. ..
Silkscreen. This class is a lot of fun. A lot of it is hands-on work, carving, old-fashioned printing, and lots of chemicals. It more of a class about the 'craft' of art, and making prints, and not just digitally making something up in 5 minutes. For some reason, it's really relaxing too.
Publication design. I took this class before, but this time the class is focusing on book arts, and book making, and not so much magazine design and the like. I really like this one too. it's very much about the 'craft' of book making, and the stories that are told in these books. I chose to use a part from "The Odyssey" (Takes me back to 6th grade). It's coming along, but a lot more work involved. I like it though. Hopefully, i'll get a good product out of it.
So yeah, all that in addition to working, and vowing to go to the gym more... i have just enough time to go home at the end of my day, eat something and then crash. Wake up, and do it all over again. Cody's schedule is a little more lax this semester...lucky. but now he has more time to do other things.
In other news, we are coming up on our 'year and a half' thingy since our wedding. it's fun. Cody thinks it's unnecessary, (to celebrate) but it's an excuse to take it easy and reminisce on that beautiful,perfect, beautiful day and all of the things that happened. (my BEST memories).
Other than that, we're just trying to get through the semester. We keep thinking that after this part is out of the way, things will be a little smoother. (we always think that.... haha). We're starting to think of what to do next (move, get better jobs, change cities.... baby...) who knows. NO one flip their lid yet. It's all just talk for now.
So, I was randomly reading about Utah high school basketball, and the current standings... and WOW. people are sure obsessed about their little teams here! a lot of trash talk went around about north vs. south, 1A vs 5A, blah blah blah....I wish I could have that 1/2 hour or so back. Seriously.
Anyway, no dreams at all about whatever it was i was talking about previously. I am '219' dream free. others, however have been able to show on my internal silver screen. (They are seriously movie worthy. haha). but i'll spare you those details.
Enough rambling for now.
hagoone sikis.
2 comments:
A baby? what? seriously? /fake flip... you said it, not me :-P
your classes actually sound like fun. makes me miss school... a little. but i'm glad that my schooling will be online rather than in a classroom. i do much better that way.
Your clases sound way fun! I love you so much too Clare. :) Thanks for your message.. Its getting hard ya know? But I'm trying to hang in there. LOVE YOU! PS. When are you coming down?!
Post a Comment