Wednesday, October 01, 2008

4 more additions and homecoming fun

wow, what a crazy month. let's begin with the books? i made 4, and they turned out great. This time I experimented with some binding techniques, and made a couple of open-back books, along with a couple of stab bindings. I am so glad i got back into this, it's so fun and rewarding, and not to mention, stress-relieving.  So, here they are:






My design website is nearing completion. It's going to be a 100% clare-made flash site, which was a little difficult, but well worth it. Once that is up, life will be great.  These are the only 2 design-related things i've been up to, besides work. It's ok though, i'll take good, hard, satisfying work over school projects ANY day. haha

A couple of weeks ago was SUU's homecoming. We went to the Smashmouth concert and had a blast. I have greatly enjoyed Smashmouth since middle school, and it was SO SO good to see them again, and to go back somewhat to those days. They sounded great too, cheezy or not. 
After that and some great persuading, We finally became true T-birds. haha This means we went over to Old Sorrel at midnight, and kissed, touching the statue. we even have the card to prove it ;). I say great persuading because....well if you know Cody at all, he's not into stuff like that, and I am a total sucker...but I got my way this time. haha The rest of the weekend was great. We took it easy, and barbecued . Good times, good times. 




What else, what else? Cody's doing great in school, and work has been great. We moved buildings last week/this week, and it's been interesting, but fun at the same time. I work with such great people and a quite a few characters. They are all so awesome.  Now, it's close enough I can walk (til winter i suppose...) better take advantage of the great weather!

Life is great. we're learning more and more all the time, and love every minute of it. We love making a house a home, day by day. 

Well, off to watch Ironman again.... 
:D


2 comments:

Molly Campbell said...

Those books look great! We really should work on them together sometime - that would be so fun! And I could use some help because I'm nothing short of retarded when it comes to making them - I stitched that thing wrong 4 times and broke 3 needles before I figured out what I was doing wrong! Do you know any good books or online tutorials or anything? How did you learn to make them?

Damaris Yael said...

SO clare... my sister from another mother.. I love you. :) and love these books very very much! might Dam dam get one???! Hehe.. like a journal type for her mission?? Just and idea.