Sunday, June 20, 2010

Summer Announcements

This is what I've been up to as of late:





They are only tastes, but have been exhilarating to say the least. It's been good to break away from LearnKey corporate design and step more into personal bounds. I've been working on a couple of books too, except I haven't been that great at taking pictures. I think there are three that have gone unsnapped... ugh. The next one, mark my words, will be snapped and posted. It will.

ha,

Other than thrilling freelance projects, life is.. the same, more or less. We work, then come home. My promotion has been challenging but in a good way. Every day is different and I am faced with a new daunting task. If I do well, the day ends in a sane manner. If I slip, then.. it's ok too, the world won't end, even though I think it will. I am over a fantastic team of designers who always, always keep me entertained. We are adding new people to the mix all of the time. It's crazy at LearnKey, but I like it. Usually.
Cody is well. He's been working a lot and trying to make the most of the summer. He's been on a couple of install trips to California and had fun with that. He's been speaking more spanish because of it, which is huge for him. It makes me happy. I have learned a couple of things about myself when he's gone:

1. I eat less.
Ever since we've been married, I've had this thing where I feel incredibly obligated to have a meal ready for him, and to make sure he's getting enough. This has caused a gradual 10-12 pound gain over nearly four years. Not that bad, right? Sometimes. Anyway, I tend to go back to single person-mode and eat when I really, really have to. Odd.

2. I work out more.
Cody isn't much of a fan. In truth, he doesn't have to work out like the rest of us. This makes it incredibly difficult to keep a regular work out schedule. One of the most liberating things for me when he's gone is to get out and do what I used to do. I guess this can count for single-person mode too.

3. I don't go out. Ever.
This isn't single-person mode, but I have noticed that I become more of a homebody. It will take a lot of taking and prep to get myself out just to get basic groceries. Lame, I know. I fear I've lost nearly all of the fierce independence and spark I used to have. I'm fighting this though. I cannot become like that.

This isn't really a good or bad list, just an observation. All in all, I am glad to have him around. My overactive imagination is kept at bay at night and I can sleep better :) He always laughs at my stupid jokes and he also takes care of the hard stuff.

Our summer is action-packed and will be starting soon. I can't wait.

1 comment:

Molly Campbell said...

That's pretty funny, I've pretty much noticed all of the same things about myself when Mike is gone. Except I don't exercise much, but I do eat better. I'm glad your summer fun is going to start soon!