Oh yeah.
Ithaca
This one is prolly my favorite by far. It's a classic ribbon-bound book using a simple brown and cream color scheme. The endpages are a textured cream paper. Too bad though, this one's got an owner and will be on its way soon enough.
Ofelia
This book is another attempt at the tacket binding, and it came out well enough. It's smaller than Ithaca, but very feminine and clean. I think a couple more attempts at this and i'll have it down great.
Junior
This one will most likely be going to a great friend, and i'll be sad to see it go. It's very youthful and fun. It's ribbon-bound book, and lots of fun to work on.
Did you order all this snow?
Other than that, life goes on like normal. A couple of weeks ago it snowed a little bit. I think it's a little too early for that. We spent that weekend carving pumpkins and watching movies with some good friends. It was great.
LearnKey held a pumpkin cookie contest on Wednesday. A lot of smack talk was going around, and a couple of double entries. . . but it was fun overall. This was kind of fun for me, because in all of my baking endeavors, cookies are definitely hit and miss. The cookies turned out greater than expected. I made an icing and drizzled it over them. I came in 4th, which is respectable enough. The first through third places though were perfecto.
Our new ward is great too. We recently switched over to the University married people ward, and of course, I got slapped with a calling. I am now the assistant compassionate service leader, meaning i get to help people out that need it, and try to get to know the girls really well, and just... be there for them i suppose. At least it's not teaching or nursery or something. Cody is still safe for now....
Cody is good too. He's making it through the semester, and cannot wait for graduation day (whenever that is). He's been trying to figure out what else is left to take, but of course, gets the run-around all the time. Why can't his department be like mine was? Just lucky I guess. Overall though, he's doing really good.
Life is great and moving at a great pace.
hagoone.
2 comments:
I love these books! So cool! I want one :( I've been getting into book binding, too.. Or rather, talking about it.. I have yet to actually DO anything as of yet.. One of the other grads here is like a guru of book binding so I have a "mentor" I suppose.. Seriously though, I really love these! And how great that you are naming them too. When did you start doing this? And why?
I feel bad that we haven't had time to work on books yet, but every time I see the pictures you put up it makes me excited to keep trying! I love the way the tacket binding looks, I'll have to try that one next!
Post a Comment