Friday, April 25, 2008

As the Campbell world turns...

hmmm....

what's new, what's new.... school (classes) are over! Next week is finals week, and then the big day (dun dun dun!) It's a little odd, i must admit. What am i going to do with myself after this?? I usually LOVE school, and everything that has to do with it. BUT, at this point, i'm ready for a good break. I plan on working at LearnKey still, making that magic, and then silently be in pursuit for another local job. I love LearnKey and all, but it might be time for a change soon. I really wish i could just move on to grad school, and get that ball rolling, but i'm afraid that won't be possible for at least a couple of years.. or something. For the time being, I'll just be the bread winner and Cody can just focus on school. Good deal i think.

My mac is amazing. Yeah, i'm geeking out about it, but what can you do? i've been wanting one forever, and now i am free to create and design freely, and not be bound to a school lab, or at home. It's a beautiful thing.

Emily, my sister is SO cool. She comes to visit me every other weekend, and we have a blast when she comes, or I pay a visit down south. This weekend, she qualified to compete in a track meet SUU puts on every year. She is constantly taking first in Javallin (sp?) and doing really well. Sadly, she will be attending DSC (not SUU) in the fall, but she's on the track team there, and she has a sweet scholarship. So, i guess that works.

Cody is decent. haha We still are one-car-ing it, and he's really considering his options now... which are many. He went on a school trip recently to salt lake to tour some major electronics companies and enjoyed it... enough. Poor boy got sick and had a miserable time, but tried to make the best of it. He's good now, just like me, trying to survive this last part of school. We can really use a good break. Our days are so robotic and routine. We see each other in the mornings and nights. (I guess a little more since we have to share a car...but you get it.)

Finals week....will be interesting. I have 4 finals, 2 on one day, and the rest along the week. They are all art projects, and so far, I am nearly done with the one that is due last, and not even close with the ones that are due right up. go figure. So, this weekend, after some careful planning, I will be at the mercy of Drawing 2 and Senior Portfolio/Publication design stuff. lame. I am building a book...a portfolio book. (we are supposed to make one before we leave school, originally just a start.) And me, being the overachiever that i am, decided to just make the book, start to finish. I know it's possible, so we'll see what happens.

The Portfolio show opening went well. It was a little awkward to stand around while people looked at my stuff, and it was SO crowded, but it was good overall. I'll have to get some pictures of my very own little display.

That's about it, we work, we learn, we eat, we sleep. We get up and do it again.

hagoone sikiis

1 comment:

Erin Marie said...

Can you paint like Bob Ross? Cuz you should. :-)